One of the latest worldwide health concerns is the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The topic is dominating the news, social media and everyday conversations. Unfortunately, there are as many myths out there as there are facts, and it has many people feeling anxious. To avoid panic and to stay healthy, be sure to get your information from a reputable source, such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Here’s a link to the CDC’s list of Frequently Asked Questions about coronavirus. It has all of the details you need to stay informed: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ faq.html
Follow the CDC’s prevention guidelines to keep yourself healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose & mouth
- Cover your cough and your sneeze (in the crook of your elbow, not your hand)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and shared surfaces
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating and after blowing your nose
And if you are sick, please stay home so as not to risk spreading your germs to others.
We can all do our part to keep our communities healthy!