This comprehensive training program is designed for individuals who are interested in serving on nonprofit boards and government commissions in Red Wing. It’s an exciting opportunity for professionals to leverage their leadership skills through volunteerism and gain an understanding of what it takes to become successful board members.
The Emerging Leaders program will take place over five weekly sessions. The final session will be a speed board match event, where participants will have the opportunity to meet representatives from local nonprofits and the City of Red Wing.
- Board engagement
- Nonprofit board structures and responsibilities
- Nonprofit legal issues
- Balancing volunteerism and professional obligations
- Become equipped with skills to be successful on a board
- Opportunities to strengthen your networks by connecting with area professionals
- Gain a deeper understanding of a variety of nonprofit and government agencies in the area
There is a $50 registration fee. Scholarship funds are available to participants who cannot afford to cover the cost of registration.
This program is made possible by a grant from the Red Wing Area Fund as well as funds and meeting space donated by the City of Red Wing.
Volunteer and Donor Relations Manager
Sign up today!
Help us spread the word!